Heading to the city for an entire day by myself and walking through the streets with a camera and sketchbook is one of my favourite past times. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with friends and family, company is necessary... but me-time is where I recharge and refresh.
Since today I'm doing just that, I thought I might show you guys some of the essentials that I always bring with me.
- Backpack by Represent: I can't live without a backpack. Handbags, I don't care. I want my backpacks. When I want to travel light, I always opt for this backpack from Represent.
- Sketchbook from Leuchtturm1917: But of course! When do I ever go anywhere without my sketchbook? Never. If there is the slightest opportunity I can sneak in a doodle or two here and there, he's comin' along.
- Roll-up pencil case from Winter Session: I can't quite tell you how much I love this pencil case. Simple, beautiful, and convenient in every way possible. My pencils and pens have never been happier. Perfect for on-the-go illustrations.
- Camera (Olympus PEN Mini E-PM2): Dad and I have started to share an interest in cameras. I borrow this little guy when I head out since it's the easiest to handle out on the streets. Our other cameras are not so forgiving.
- Back up lenses: Just because it's fun to play with a few manual lenses.
Annnnd a quick snapshot of my outfit for today, keepin' it simple.
There's a different sense of excitement and freedom when you're out by yourself. You do what pleases you, and most of all, you start to pay more attention to everything around you. The people, the streets and landscapes, the shops, the buzzing sounds of an urban city.
Do you guys like to go out on your own? Explore? Drink coffee? Go shopping?
What are your everyday essentials?